Wednesday, 22 February 2012

Day 1

I have been having neck pains for three days now. I believe it's because I slept in a weird position a few days ago on my pillow. The pain has been subsiding since.

I actually slept without a pillow last night before creating this blog and reading anything related to sleeping without a pillow. I decided to scrap the pillow last night because my neck pains were exacerbated with my pillows. I usually sleep with two thin pillows.

From what I experienced, sleeping on the back is the most comfortable, sleeping on the side creates stress on the neck, and sleeping on the stomach with the head turned to one side and on the arm is fine. As far as I can remember, I fell asleep on my back and woke up on my stomach with my head on my arm.

There is some pain in my neck but there has been a reduction in pain from the previous day and so I can't tell whether sleeping without a pillow has helped reduce the pain because, who knows, I could be in the same position I'm in now if I did use a pillow.

Let's see what happens tomorrow after using a sleeping position outlined in Tetley's article.

No comments:

Post a Comment